Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Make the sad go away

I have so many friends who know someone who commited suicide last weekend. I'm not going to name people, because I don't know if they would want me too, but I can say it was a lot. Like, five or six friends or something. Nobody I knew died, but it was really hard to see their loved ones so upset. I can't help but think that valentine's day had something to do with it....

So anyway, I was at the store today buying chocolate because it's after V-day and it goes on sale (And I'm cheap! haha) and I saw this elderly woman with crutches. It seemed like she was struggling, so I asked her if she needed any help. She said no, so I went back to deciding between milk and white.
The one thing that really bugs me about this whole exchange was that, instead of just sraight up asking, I hesitated. I knew it was the right thing to do, but I still paused before offering. I think the reason I hesitated was because I was afraid, but I don't know what it was that scared me.

So yeah, I'm done being all weird and sad and stuff.
I love all you muchly!
ittyK

2 comments:

  1. cate.
    i know so many people who was friends with him.
    his name was nate.
    i never knew him.
    but i've been crying all day.
    i didn't even know he was here but i can't believe he's gone.

    ReplyDelete