Thursday, February 4, 2010

Family and 'friends'

Family: My mom and I are always butting heads! she doesn't get that I'm not her and I do things differently. She goes to bed early and gets up early, I go to bed late and get up late. She does everything first then rests, I procrastinate but still manage to make my work good. She likes clean, I like dirty. She tries to shelter me way to much! both my parents do. I'm not allowed to see rated R movies. I'm not allowed to go anywhere unless I know the exact plan (who I'm with, what we're doing EVERYTHING) I'm not allowed to hang out with certain people. I can't go out after dark. I can't listen to loud music (which I do anyways) I'm not allowed to wear certain things (which I do anyways) it's a fucking hell! I know they do it for my own good and all that shit, but seriously? They don't know when to step back. i'm growning up, and I deserve more freedom then this. As for me and my sister? well, whenever we actually talk (or shout) it's fighting. Mostly we shut ourselves away in our rooms. Oh yeah, she sings. Like, constantly belt out verses from various musicals. She has a pretty voice and all, but I don't think anyone could live with her and not want to rip out her goddamn vocal cords.

Friends: I had two BEST friends last year, and they both changed schools this year. I hardly ever see Rene because she's always buried in homework and Leslie just lives too damn far away! I call Leslie a fair bit but we never really talk about anything... As for Rene, I text her a bit and I still tell her a lot but we don't actually see eachother. So now who am I left with? The rest of the stupid annoying assholes in my class. There's only a few people I could actually stand to be around for a long period of time. One of them has total mood changes though. one moment he's histerically funny the next he's acting like he's the fucking ruler of the world. I HATE people like that! They. Are. The. Worst. Then there's another girl who I really like and I think we could be friends but she's new and so I don't really know her that well, and I'm not that excited about getting to know new people. I guess I should though.... And the last person I actually like is this girl who is iseperable with one of the dumbest people I have ever met. The rest are either stupid, rude, annoying, or just not really long-term-friend material.

2 comments:

  1. That's understandable how your life can be hard like that, but just remember: Your life could be worse. I know I sound cheesy, but try to focus on the good things in life. Tell me a few good things about your family. If not, I could list a few for you. Honestly, just try to realize that you're in eighth grade (seventh? It's eighth, right?), so you're still getting used to all the hormones and shit pumping into your body, which, as we all know, makes the best of us very emotional. But honestly, that's how I survive. I focus on everything good in life. Just, when you feel pissed, or like shit, try to calm yourself down and see both ends of the scale. Have you tried talking to your mother? You probably have, if I were in the same situation, I would, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But then again (and this is from the one who did the last comment), I'm also told I have a rich fantasy life, and honestly, writing stories is what keeps me sane. You're a good writer, Cate. Naturally, you're not anywhere near as good as me (kidding), but do you write any stories? I dunno about you, but it really does help me out.

    ReplyDelete